It may have been Thanksgiving weekend but Fox News outrageousness never takes a holiday. Whether the subject is ISIS, the Planned Parenthood shooting, the Paris climate conference or even a holiday cobbler recipe, there’s always room for crazy, outlandish or just plain ridiculous on Fox “News.”
This week’s nominees are:
1. Rush Limbaugh “explaining” why President Obama doesn’t want to protect the country from ISIS:
It’s almost as though he thinks that we’ve committed all these crimes since our founding, unjust and immoral, and it’s time for payback, it’s time for us to find out what the rest of the world goes through every day. It’s time for us to bite the bullet. I think it’s really troubling. I’m having to bite my lip here what I really think.
2. Donald Trump, commenting on a #BlackLivesMatter protester who was assaulted at a Trump campaign event:
I will tell you that the man that was, was - I don’t know - you say roughed up, he was so obnoxious and so loud, he was screaming. I had 10,000 people in the room yesterday, 10,000 people, and this guy started screaming by himself and they—I don’t know, rough up, he should have been—maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing.
3. Donald Trump:
I’m probably the least racist person on Earth.
4. KT McFarland, complaining about President Obama attending the climate change conference in Paris:
What are we doing? We’re going to fight ISIS. We’re going to have windmills, we’re going to have solar panels. We’re going to show them. It’s just really, all it does is it gives encouragement to the terrorists who feel that they have been selected and chosen by Allah to establish the caliphate and kill everybody who disagrees with them.
5. Brian Kilmeade, to African American Harris Faulkner as she shared her holiday peach cobbler recipe:
Do you make Kool-Aid?
6. Kimberly Guilfoyle, suggesting the Obama administration was to blame for the Planned Parenthood shooting:
We were getting some reports earlier and talking about the Justice Department stripping local law enforcement officers of much needed tactical supplies, military-style equipment after Ferguson and whatnot and the investigations that happened. And you just think about a situation like this where the police need every available resource to put down an active shooter situation, especially someone that seems to be heavily armed. Doesn’t make sense to me why we would handicap our police officers when we need them so much in a crisis situation like this.
7. Carly Fiorina, attacking the left for thinking there just might be a connection between the Planned Parenthood shooter telling investigators “no more baby parts” and a right-wing campaign to demonize Planned Parenthood as some kind of merchant of baby parts:
So, what I would say to anyone who tries to link this terrible tragedy to anyone who opposes abortion or opposes the sale of body parts is, this is typical left-wing tactics.
Cast your vote below.
In fact, she should be the ALL-TIME winner, as far as I’m concerned.