Remember when Bill O’Reilly insisted that nobody on Fox News makes personal attacks? It must have slipped his mind when un-funnyman Dennis Miller went off on Bill and Hillary Clinton last night – mostly Hillary - as O’Reilly laughed along.
It’s one thing to disagree with the Clintons’ policies but Miller was mean and personal. Although he obviously thought he was funny. Apparently, O’Reilly did, too.
Here’s part of Miller’s “routine” about the Clintons:
They’re constantly in BS mode. BS has become their real. They come out of the amniotic sac, they spend eight seconds in the real world and they get into the political bubble where they have eight morons surrounding them every day in a rugby scrum telling them they’re God’s gift. They don’t have a clue any more.
The only thing about Hillary is, she’s always cranky. …She’s PO’d because she knows that we know she’s been cheated on more frequently than a blind woman playing Scrabble with gypsies.
O’Reilly laughed out loud.
Apostrophes have a “____ is” context, genius. And I leave you with that lesson, because if you’re down to that, continuing to own you will become sad. And I’d like to remember you as being funny.
I know like most things we can have different taste but what that clip showed me was if you enjoy a grouchy complainer then Miller would be to your liking. I’m sure they find him hilarious in the Cheney household.
LOL, d d
doors, this one’s for you.
doors, this one’s for you.
Though I did get a laugh out of the “drivel is drivel” comment immediately following it. I love it when a troll’s self-aware.
Arial: Drivel is drivel no matter how conspicuously long winded it is.
Human beings are human beings. They say what they want, don’t they? They used to say it across the fence while they were hanging wash. Now they just say it on the Internet.
You are aware that just the term “Gypsy” in itself is a term used to slur Romani people as criminals- more specifically as a people so prone to crime that they live in wagons so they’re ready to run- and has been used for centuries to oppress them, to the point that people are afraid to claim Rroma as their heritage- Even in America. Right, Anonymous?
How about you go tell a Rroma immigrant who was in Europe during the 1940s, and had it tattooed to their body, around people ordered to persecute them if they saw it if they laughed at Fox News making jokes where the punchline is that they’re such despicable people hat they’re the go-to reference for their demonization of Clinton?
How about asking a Rroma who lived in a country where Stalin used those comments as propaganda to run them out what they think about a media outlet making jokes about them being scummy enough to shyster the handicapped?
How about you go tell that to a Rroma immigrant who lived (or even visited) on the wrong side of the Berlin Wall, and was denied basic human rights, for no other reason than their ancestry until it was torn down?
Hell, even among Rroma who lived in the US their entire life, and still faced persecution because Gypsies are so stereotyped as unwashed, hyper-religious thieves in American penned literature and pop culture that many of them were taught to lie about their old world heritage, just to be spared that?
Yeah, how about you go repeat that line to a “Gypsy…” Tell me how it goes.
1) I didn’t inquire about Bashir and Shultz (sic). I know all I need to know about them.
2) O’Reilly is only human. He couldn’t help laughing at that analogy. I’m sure that any gypsies out there took it well.
3) Bill deserves every joke ever made about him.
4) Hillary? We’ll see.
1) All of them know where the line is, and crossing it in a capacity that requires a serious on-air apology is rare. ’Nuff said there…
2) When they cross the line, the left condemns them alongside the right. You never hear the left saying something like “Bill Maher doesn’t have to apologize because Steven Crowder didn’t!”, the closest you get to that is a partisan comment like “Well, Maher apologized on his site, but not his show… Still more than we’ll ever see from Crowder.” Even here on Newshounds, you’ll see us agreeing that what the guy on the left did was out of line, before pointing out what #3 says…
3) They actually do give apologies and retractions without epic campaigns forcing it. Their outlets discipline them because it’s the right thing to do, not because they let it happen enough to result in boycotts. They fire regular offenders. They make it known that the one who’s doing it stands alone. The right can’t do that… It’s always a sob story/excuse why they shouldn’t, you have to threaten their bottom line to get any decency out of them. Decency which only lasts until they think we’ve forgotten, BTW.
That’s the difference between the two, Anonymous. I know the reality starved Republicans would like to pretend otherwise, but 95% of the common decency is on the left side of the table, and we acknowledge what little decency you show, as well as condemn what little trash turns up. The same can’t be said for you- If the good guys flip sides, like they did in the 60s, You’ll still be the same asshole conservatives, just that we’ll be calling you all your own nice little pet names for Democrats now. If the Republicans kick your element out and it third parties the Tea baggers, you’ll be the darkest third.
It’s not about politics, it’s about humanity. Learn that, and come back. Or don’t, and have a nice time living with it.
He became friends with Bill O. I agree with your insights here.
Seriously, I’ve seen clips of Miller from other eras, and whether you liked his actual show then or not, he at least knew where the line was, and was on the right side of the issue a lot more than he was on the wrong one. This Dennis Miller is just an LCD clown that thinks this kind of talk is acceptable. What the hell happened to him?!