Last week, we posted Neil Cavuto’s commentary on Ebola czar Ron Klain. Cavuto not only demanded that everyone give Klain a chance to succeed, he slammed Republicans who wouldn’t. Not surprisingly, Cavuto’s viewers did not respond kindly.
On Thursday, Cavuto said he had been “deluged with emails and tweets” about his views. He finished his Your World show by reading some of them. Most were quite negative. Here are some:
- ”You’re the hack Cavuto. Get off the air, you sanctimonious twit!”
- ”Spare us the speech, Ebola-head. Damn, are you ever full of yourself.”
- ”Take your meds, then take a hike.”
- ”Klain’s not up to the task, and frankly, neither are you, Crap-uto!”
- ”You mentioned Bush’s bird flu guy didn’t have any medical experience, but you left out he did work for the Health and Human Services Administration.”
- ”You’re right, Neil. All the best medical minds in the country screwed up our initial Ebola response. Nothing wrong with going outside that petri dish with a guy who at least knows his way around Washington.”
- ”Obama’s a Communist, and all around him are idiots, and you hoisting any one of them up shows me you are clueless.”
- ”I just think you had an off night. You’re usually reasoned and likeable… so I’ll give you a mulligan for being briefly idiotic. How’s that?”
- ”I admire your call for reason, Neil, but these are unreasonable times. Maybe it would have been better if you simply resigned in protest to pound your point, instead of reading the next line in the prompter and throwing to commercial.”
One liberal was shown:
- “Finally, a voice of reason from the land of the unreasonable. But you’re still an imbecile, Cavuto. …Just wanted you to know that. Nothing changes that.”
However, Cavuto stood by his original remarks. He said, “My shout-outs on cheap shots still stand because I say it’s got to stop. It’s bad when Republicans do it, it’s bad when Democrats do it and it is really bad when the media does it.”
Then, of course, he cited cheap shots against a Republican.
Watch it below, from the October 23 Your World.