It's not just your humble correspondent who has noticed that the divinely inspired Bill O'Reilly seems to be quite interested in the career and activities of Miley Cyrus. When O'Reilly visited The View, on October 1st, guest host Jason Biggs asked O'Reilly about Ms. Cyrus because O'Reilly "talks a lot about her." O'Reilly denied that he does so and explained his paternal interest in her. Given the multitude of Factor shows, throughout the years, O'Reilly is correct in that he hasn't talked "a lot" about Cyrus. But his fascination with what she does and what she wears has stretched across the years and he still wants to be her daddy.
Biggs asked Bill's opinion on Miley Cyrus because "you talk a lot about her, given what you often talk about." Bill interjected "I don't talk a lot about her." Biggs continued his line of questioning. "You talk a bit about her, c'mon. Bill. "Bill responded "once in a while." Biggs wanted to know Bill''s "take" on Cyrus' VMA performance.
O'Reilly pontificated: "I want to make it perfectly clear that I don't care about this subject; but I do care about kids." He alluded to how she had a big following as Hannah Montana but now she "tells magazines that she takes drugs that are dangerous that's bad, what she did on stage, you guys make the call." Bill asserted that he has said "that this is a talented woman and musical talent, she doesn't need to make a spectacle of herself to succeed. if she wants to be Lady Gaga, that's her choice but if I were her dad, number one I wouldn't discuss it in public, I'd discuss it in private and I would say look, the guidance is you want a long career, you want to be respected, you don't do what she did."
Bill has proffered fatherly advice (and scoldings) to Miley since 2008. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?
- 4/2008 - Bill called for a "conference" to discuss photos of Cyrus showing part of her bra strap.
- 8-2008 - Bill asked if the "inappropriate" photos of Miley, done by Annie Liebovitz, would hurt Cyrus' career.
- 8/2009 - Bill wanted to know if the "short pants" clad Cyrus was "selling sex" in her "pole dance" video.
- 1-2009 - Bill made Cyrus a "patriot," despite her "tarnished image" from "provocative pictures," because she did a concert for a woman with breast cancer.
- 4/2009 - Bill labeled Jamie Foxx a "pinhead" for his controversial comments about Ms. Cyrus.
- 8-2009 - Bill designated a Miley Cyrus stalker as a pinhead
- 11/2009 - Bill called Ellen DeGeneres a "pinhead" for asking Cyrus about her love life.
- 11-2009 - She received another "patriot" award in 2009 because she, despite "acting older than her age," raised money for kids with cancer
- 5/2010 - She received a pinhead award when Bill scolded her about a video in which she was shown doing a lap dance for a 44 year old man.
- 6/20/10 - Bill scolded Cyrus about how "running around in ridiculous outfits" would hurt her career.
- 10/2010 - Bill scolded Cyrus about her "bong hit" video and said that her days as a role model were over
- 10/2010 - Cyrus' mother received a patriot award for imposing credit card limits on Miley.
- 2-2011 - O'Reilly, Dr. Keith Ablow, and Danny Bonaduce trashed Cyrus' parents and suggested that Cyrus' family were using her for their own financial benefit.
- 3/2011 - She received another patriot award for warning kids about spending too much time on the internet.
- 9-2013 - Bill told Greg Gutfeld that Cyrus' father isn't taking his paternal role seriously and wrote a column attacking Cyrus for being a narcisist and having "simulated sexual activity."
- 10/13 - Bill told "Extra" that if he was Cyrus' father, he would tell her to "dial back" because she "doesn't need the cheap stuff."
If only Miley Cyrus listened to Bill O'Reilly, her life would be so much better...Ya think! (Meanwhile "Bangerz" debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200.)
(4/2/18 Update: Video no longer available)
Everytime Billdo sees Miley he hears that song from Van Halen-“Hot for Tweaker!”
I’d love to listen in to his “confessions” at church, given his obvious hard-on for all things Miley!