Greta Van Susteren visited members of the Paul Ryan family last night after the debate. After showing a group of supporters with Romney/Ryan signs, she asked, in all seriousness, “So, what did they think?” Gee, Greta, what did you think they’d think? Or was that the whole point? Because there was one important question Van Susteren never asked: Who did they think won?
The visit was with Ryan’s brother, sister-in-law and niece and nephew. Naturally, they had nothing but praise. But here were Van Susteren’s questions.
- Van Susteren said she had learned brother Tobin had just gotten off the phone with Ryan. “What did he have to say?”
- To sister-in law Oakleigh: “Did you get on the phone at all?” and then, “Were you nervous tonight?”
- To niece Murray: “Was it fun to watch your uncle debating the vice president of the United States?”
- To nephew Mac: “What was the best part of the debate for you?”
- “Do you think he’d be a good vice president, Mac?”
- “How about you, Murray?”
- Back with Tobin again, Van Susteren set up an attack on Biden for him. “What did you think about, sort of, the back and forth and how do you think the Vice President treated your brother?”
- To Oakleigh, “Did you ever think that …you’d be sitting here tonight watching your brother-in-law?”
- “Tobin, where’s your mother tonight?”
- “Oakleigh, did it bother you at all, the smiling, the Twitter universe is sort of alive tonight about – obviously Vice President Biden’s supporters were very passionate about what he did, they’re supportive, but a lot of people didn’t like that smiling that Vice President Biden did. Did it bother you?”
A lower-third banner read: “Laughin’ Joe” VP Biden’s smirk steals spotlight at debate. And guess what? Fox just happened to make a big deal out of it along with the RNC. What a coincidence!
So "liberal" Van Susteren didn't want to ask who Ryan's own family thought won the debate but egged on the family with RNC attacks on Biden. Could that be because they all knew Ryan lost?
Let’s ask Joe Scarborough [MSNBC], Dana Loesch [CNN], and Mark Levin [ABC radio.]
As for the claim of us “being an angry bunch,” to add to bemused and Anne-claire’s point — compare the number of times FoxNation has called for the assassination of President Obama to the number of times this site has . . . then, get back to us.
Used to be that asking hard questions was perceived as the job of a professional journalist. Anybody who accepted an interview knew that lies and fudging would be contested. On Fox, Most of the interviews of republicans are feel-good stroking sessions and they do have a tendency to shout down anybody who refuses to toe the line.
You ask for an opinion on other channels. The only two I can get over here are MSNBC and CNN. The former may be trying to be the equivalence of Fox on the left but they bore me for the most part. You see, liberals don’t actually need that sort of fodder. CNN has been pretty much Fox-lite since the current management took over. IMO, the most balanced and factual channel internationally is AlJazeera/English, followed by BBC World News, France 24 and Sky24 (the latter is Murdoch’s).
On that matter of we being "an angry bunch, I’d be more inclined to use outraged at foxy antics. However, may I suggest you take a stroll on FoxNation before throwing out such accusations?
“When Paul lies doesn’t your hatriotism swell to obscene proportions?”
Not yet, but getting close. Whatever happened to those old-fashioned ideas of compromise and negotiation and diplomacy war being the last resort? The more I hear Ryan, the more he scares me because he’s really and truly not the Kennedy of today. Ryan ressembles John Kennedy only in that he’s young and a Catholic. But Biden’s my sort of Catholic: his is a deep faith NOT associated with a urge to impose on others not of like mind. It’s called “tolerance” and “religious freedom” (both to believe and to let believe).
Makes sense. Someone once said Ryan is the male Sarah Palin, only with a better command of English . . .
Questions to be asked:
1. Does it bother you when Lying Ryan just fibs all the time about our President and Vice President?
2. Other than MagicUnderwear Mitt in the Oval Office, does the thought of teabagging Lying Ryan just one heartbeat away scare the beejeebus out of you?
3. With his obvious lack of basic arithmetic skills, do you think that Lying Ryan could run a bratwurst and beer business in Wisconsin?
4. Why do you think that MagicUnderwear Mitt and Lying Ryan hate women so much?