Donald Trump's newly-minted communications director, Anthony Scaramucci, once thought the worst of Trump and didn’t hold back about it on the Fox Business Network.
I'm going to bet that Donald Trump was not watching Fox Business on the morning of August 24, 2015. But thanks to Media Matters and WNYC/NPR reporter Matt Katz, this clip reminds us what Scaramucci had to say then about his new boss now. A few excerpts below:
- “He’s probably going to make Elizabeth Warren his vice presidential nominee.”
- Trump is “Anti-American, very, very divisive.”
- “The Queens County Bullies Association” is what he’ll be president of.
- “I don't like the way he talks about women. I don't like the way he talks about our friend Megyn Kelly.”
- “You're an inherited-money dude from Queens County.”
- “This sort of nonsense is going to cause him to eventually implode.”
- “Are you a Democratic plant for Hillary Clinton? … That’s what we want to know. Stand here and prove otherwise.”
- “This nonsense is going to end and I predict it’s going to end before Thanksgiving.”
We all know the nonsense did not end before Thanksgiving and has now moved into our White House. But that doesn’t mean Trump won’t implode in the future.
Or maybe Scaramucci will implode as communications director first.
Watch Scaramucci below, from the August 24, 2015, edition of Mornings with Maria.
UPDATE: Scaramucci just said that Trump has not let him forget what he said. We won't either!
It was the ass-kissing that got to me at today’s White House presser. Trump can sink a basketball from the foul line in a trench coat. Trump can throw a football through tire. Trump can sink 30 foot puts. Trump walks into a room and cures cancer – oh, Scaramucci’s saving that one for the next presser.
Scaramucci is a slicker liar that Spicer. Scaramucci is a better ass-kisser than Spicer. Scaramucci probably can slather more lipstick on the pig. None of this is going to fool the press – except Fox News – so it won’t save Trump from his own lies, corruption and incompetence.
Except with Harris Faulkner back at headquarters who was so orgasmic over pretty boy I thought Chris Wallace (who she was interviewing on the shakeup) would break out in laughter. Don’t get Faulkner on a set with Scaramucci for surely she’ll immediately jump his bones. 🤣