Tonight, Joe Biden will accept the presidential nomination. Looking at the guest list, I think the night will be more about moving forward with unity than in criticizing Trump.
It will be hard to top last night’s convention but we’ll see.
The Washington Post has the lineup. The proceedings begin at 9 PM ET.
- Tammy Duckworth, the Illinois senator and veteran.
- Keisha Lance Bottoms, the Atlanta mayor.
- Cory Booker, the New Jersey senator and former presidential candidate.
- Vivek Murthy, the former surgeon general.
- The secretary of state of California, Alex Padilla, and of Michigan, Jocelyn Benson.
- Deb Halaand, a member of Congress from New Mexico.
- Cedric Richmond Jr., son of Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-La.).
- Mike Bloomberg, the former New York mayor and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.
- Pete Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Ind. and former Democratic presidential candidate.
- Andrew Yang, businessman and former Democratic presidential candidate.
- Tammy Baldwin, the senator from Wisconsin.
- Christopher A. Coons, the senator from Delaware and a Biden confidant.
- Joe Biden and his family.
- Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus, author Jon Meacham and performers John Legend, Common and The Chicks
- There will also be video tributes to Beau Biden, Biden’s son who died in 2015 of brain cancer, and John Lewis, a former congressman and civil rights icon from Georgia who died this summer
You can watch the full proceedings and comment below:
The Repugs will crank up the dirt machine full blast once again. Rudy Ghouliani and his Ukrainian mafia buddies will endlessly prattle on with lies about Hunter Biden. That Tara Reade creature will get hours of guest time on Fux to regurgitate her discredited fable of sexual harassment. There is no lie about Joe Biden or Kamala Harris so vile that it won’t be aired on Fux News.