No sooner had President Obama finished speaking today than FNC’s Outnumbered show, loaded with five conservatives and no liberal guest, tore into President Obama for smacking down Donald Trump and the right-wing demand that he must utter the words “Islamic terrorism” in order to properly fight it.
The Outnumbered attacks on Obama were made during two segments as well as the online Overtime segment. The comments speak for themselves:
From the first segment on Obama’s speech.
- HARRIS FAULKNER: And then the tone devolved even further… as one of anger over the words radical Islam. And nothing short of a lecture from this president. He did mention the victims but seemed to save his ire and his venom over that particular issue of why those words don’t need to be applied in his particular estimation.
- JEANINE PIRRO: If this president had for one minute tried to give some empathy to the victims and their families in Orlando then we would have been cheering him on.
- This president spent more time dealing with the fact that it’s not a religious war, that we can’t paint Muslims with the same brush… I think the whole thing was an embarrassment and I say it with all due respect.
- MELISSA FRANCIS: He said he’s careful what he calls them? I mean, this is the man who called them “the JV squad.” Are you kidding me? I mean, he talks about not using the phrase, “radical Islam.” That that wouldn’t change anything. Well, calling them “the JV squad” didn’t help.
- JOHN BOLTON: Let’s talk about the speech itself. Because this is a failure of presidential leadership. The country has been attacked. 49 innocent people have been killed. The country is in pain. It wants leadership, it wants to hear from the President what we’re going to do to prevent his from happening and instead we get a lecture from one of the most narcissistic individuals ever to hold that job about what’s wrong with the rest of us who don’t have the tolerance that he does for people that he thinks are being unfairly criticized. …He’s never been qualified to be Commander-in-Chief.
- PIRRO: He [Obama] doesn’t seem to have empathy or feelings for Americans and for victims… Let’s start telling the American people and the victim’s families we’re gonna protect you ‘cause no one feels safe with that man.
But that wasn’t enough for this “fair and balanced” bitch session.
From the second segment on Obama’s speech:
- FAULKNER: Clearly the President feeling passionately and by some estimations very angry in his words and that passion coming after we were hit by a savage at a night club in Orlando but not for the savage! For use of the words radical Islam in politics.
- BOLTON: He [Obama] hasn’t learned a thing about terrorism in seven and a half years.
- FAULKNER: If we were waiting for the president to allay our fears we didn’t get it in that speech. Police asked, “If you are alive, raise your hand,” when they got to that night club. Our hands are in the air, Mr. President.
There was still more in the Overtime segment.
- FAULKNER: I feel emotional. I don’t know if you guys do, because we got a lecture from our president and I feel like we did something wrong.
- FRANCIS: It was like what we've done to deserve this.
- FAULKNER: Speaking of Orlando.
- FRANCIS: Yeah, yeah, talking about Orlando. I mean, he was really totally cold when talking about the actual incident that he really didn’t address.
Summary from the FOX panel:Obama’s speech was terrible. He cared more about explaining his rejection of the term “radical Islam” than he did about the victims. He was blaming Americans for doing something wrong. That’s an amazing take from the Outnumbered show.
You can watch the “fair and balanced” poutrage below, from the June 14 Outnumbered and Outnumbered Overtime.
I’d love to see their reaction.