Home Store In Memoriam Deborah Newsletter Forum Topics Blogfeed Blogroll Facebook MySpace Contact Us About

O'Reilly in denial?

Reported by Chrish - July 27, 2006 -

The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day today 7/27/06 was truly ridiculous. For someone so aware of the "smear sites" which record his every word, O'Reilly still thinks he can get away with just denying things he's said on the record. Of course, his audience, average age 71, probably forgets things more easily and will believe the denials.

"As we have been reporting, professional standards have broken down at many newspaper operations and we spotlight them occasionally for you.

At The Oregonian newspaper in Portland, far-left TV writer Peter Ames Carlin is rarely fair. His latest Valentine to me says "O'Reilly is an expert employer of personal attacks, questioning his targets' sanity and morals as aggressively as he picks apart their positions".

As usual, Carlin fails to provide any examples to back up his attack, but that's par for the cause for this guy."

Ooh, ooh! I know this one!

People who are offended by "Merry Christmas" = insane. "He asserts (incorrectly, see note below) that 85% of Americans are Christians, and millions are offended by the phrase Happy Holidays. That leaves 15% of Americans who are non-Christians and of those 15% (that's 45,000,000 Americans), "maybe 1% are totally insane - they're nuts; they're the ones who are offended.""

Ward Churchhill = insane (and traitorous): "Churchill's scholarship is based on nothing more than insane rantings ...and Churchill will file a massive lawsuit, if he's dismissed for speech, no matter how insane. "

Professional marketers = insane: "Frankly, the executives who have banished Christmas from their advertising are insane. By doing that, they are offending tens of millions of traditional Americans who respect the Christmas season and want it called exactly what it is - Christmas."

Also targeted :

At The Guardian newspaper in London, it's even worse. That socialist operation continues to spout incredible nonsense: "O'Reilly is famous for his right-wing tirades, calling for Al Qaeda to attack liberal San Francisco."

Somebody send that man a case of gingko biloba - his memory is going all to hell. Fortunately his comments are well documented here :

"[I]f Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. ... You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead"

"Sure. Ridiculous off the chart but it happens every single day."