Bill O’Reilly’s election sour grapes are getting even more sour, if last night’s Talking Points segment was any guide. He dropped most of the racial connotations and shot his arsenal at the “secular progressives” who, according to him, are “bent on destroying America.” And if only Mitt Romney had done a better job of appealing to the social conservatism of Latinos, we wouldn’t have President Obama, the poster child for the SP movement which, as O’Reilly described it, means more welfare, welfare queens, addiction and abortion.
You may recall that on Election Day, O’Reilly lamented the loss of “traditional America.” Last night, O’Reilly said he believes it can come back, “but it will take a very special person to make that happen.”
But the picture is certainly gloomy for Bill with President Obama in the White House. According to O’Reilly, Obama won via the “entitlement vote.” How did he know? Because 62% of Americans earning less than $30,000 a year voted for Obama vs. 35% for Romney. “Left-wing ideology did not win the day for Barack Obama, big spending on federal programs did. That’s the key,” he insisted.
O’Reilly claimed this dispelled the media “myth” that “liberal ideology was confirmed by this election.” Secularism, on the other hand, “is certainly eroding traditional power.” Americans who attend religious services at least once a week voted for Romney 59/39. But, said O’Reilly, churchgoing is on the decline and the result is that Catholics supported Obama 50%-48%. Yup, that’s despite all of Fox News’ best efforts to paint Obama as waging war on Catholics, shoving birth control down their throats and pretending that Sandra Fluke was advocating promiscuity on the government dime. Well, we know that it’s the fault of secularism, according to O’Reilly because now only about 30% of Catholics attend weekly Mass. “So you can see the impact of creeping secularism on the religious vote,” he added.
If only Mitt Romney had waged a good cultural war and tried to “marginalize” secularism! O’Reilly went on to “prove” that secularism/progressivism is not good for America via “three vivid examples.” Actually, I counted four.
1. “Secular progressives champion a ‘do you own thing’ philosophy. No judgments about personal behavior are allowed in that arena. The public school system has adopted that philosophy and that’s now wreaking havoc on American society.”
2. “In 2010, 41% of all births were to unmarried women, up from 33% in 2000.” Babies born to unwed mothers “drive poverty,” O’Reilly said, and “American minority groups are the most affected.” He cited one of his favorite statistics: 73% of black babies are born to unwed mothers. “Rather than trying to reverse that, secular progressives want more entitlement spending. Nothing about changing libertine attitudes.”
3. “On the abortion front, same thing. Rather than trying to discourage taking the lives of millions of fetuses, the SP’s have created a mythical war on women… Should America be a country where potential human life – an undeniable fact after conception – is terminated for convenience? …Is that the kind of country we want? And the federal government’s going to demand that citizens who oppose abortion pay for it?”
Yes, Bill, it will. Just like the federal government demands that those of us who oppose war – which ends actual life, not potential life – pay for it.
4. O’Reilly blasted the legalization of marijuana. “The SP’s, they don’t care about addicition. They don’t want limitations on so-called private behavior.”
O'Reilly summed up his SP-dominated vision of the next four years:
Want to smoke drugs? Fine. Want to abort a fetus? We’ll drive you to the clinic. Want to have a kid when you’re 16? No problem at all. We’ll support you.
If Mitt Romney spelled that out – what the secular progressive movment is really all about? In strong, vivid terms and how President Obama enables that? Romney would not have lost 71% of the Hispanic vote, I can tell ya.
I believe the majority of Americans can be persuaded that the far left is a dangerous outfit, bent on destroying traditional America and replacing it with a social free-fire zone that drives dependency and poverty.
Bill, I gotta tell you. It sounds like you don’t much like or respect those folks you say you’re looking out for. 62 million or 51% of Americans voted for President Obama last week. If you think they're all a bunch of brainwashed fools or worse maybe it's time to reconsider your mission statement.
By all means, leave. Leave this e-vile socialist country and move to maybe Canada where, surely, you’ll be happier without all us secularist-socialists and socialized medical care. Go. Nobody will miss you…I guarantee it. Take your fellow FoxGOPTV pukes with you.
Intelligent, rational people of the USA
“That was the background of my family. My father, William OâReilly Sr., held a decent job, bought a small house…”
Hey Bully O’Lielly: he also left you and your mother MILLIONS OF $$$$ (in today’s dollars) via his stock portfolio when he kicked the bucket in 1986.
2. In 2010, 41% of all births were to unmarried women, up from 33% in 2000. Babies born to unwed mothers ‘drive poverty. That’s why republicans want a total ban on affordable birth control. (hunh?)
3. On the abortion front, I can’t say it better than Ellen did: “Yes, Bill, it will. Just like the federal government demands that those of us who oppose war â which ends actual life, not potential life â pay for it.”
4. On the legalization of marijuana, Bill’s position with regard to the need for limitations on “so-called private behavior” contradicts his usual emphasis on keeping government out of people’s lives, including the lifting of all regulations on business and financial tycoons.
Bill is not coherent. But then, his job is to rouse the rabble not to provide facts and informed opinion.
As Ted Koppel said during his interview with Bill a couple of months ago (paraphrasing): “I remember a time when both of us felt that journalism was a calling.” (there’s a thread somewhere on this blog but I don’t know how to search for it).
We have already destroyed YOUR America. It was just a dream, Bill, and a very bad one.
You and your ilk are just a stain on the white, lacy panties of truth, reason and justice.
What’s wrong with Vatican Rule?! Give me one objection! The Pope speaks for me!!
That was the background of my family. My father, William O’Reilly Sr., held a decent job, bought a small house, and sired two kids. My mother, Ann O’Reilly, was an energetic stay-at-home mom because, had she not been, one of her kids would be in the penitentiary right now.
Yes, that would be me. My younger sister, Janet, has always been a solid citizen, not at all fresh or bold. The nuns loved her. So that’s the jumping-off point for this book, the white ethnic, basically blue-collar suburbs of America in a conventional time when baby boomers were popping out all over the place. The journey begins at the dinner table, where chewy meat loaf and fish sticks reigned, and in a neighborhood full of kids playing in the streets because our yards were too small.
You are not in Mayberry anymore, Billdo.
1. "The public school system has adopted that philosophy and thatâs now wreaking havoc on American society.â
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I recall good ol’ bully, er, young Billdo being disciplined by the pious nuns and also beaten by his father. Now, look at Billdo; what a fresh, steaming pile he remains in spite of all he learned.
2. âRather than trying to reverse that, secular progressives want more entitlement spending. Nothing about changing libertine attitudesâ
Sure thing, Billdo. Nothing “libertine” about you threatening Andrea Mackris or any woman daring to talk about your moral character, because you would drag her through the mud and destroy her.
Those “libertine” women need to learn their place as baby popping sex toys. We also need to get rid of child support laws.
3. Should America be a country where potential human life â an undeniable fact after conception â is terminated for convenience?
Totally agree with Billdo on this one. He probably learned this by marrying his high school sweet heart and never having sex for other purposes than conception. And Billdo should continue depriving his teenage daughter of any privacy at home, because the world is full of boy bands bent on destroying little girls’ innocence.
I am sure Billdo has gone around family and friends spraying the same gospel, asking his male acquaintances if they know any sluts who have dared resorting to the use of birth control.
In the world of buyble thumping Taliban Billdo Al Loofah, filth like “Those Who Tresspass” should never be printed as it corrupts good ol’ Mayberry where they praise the Fox gNOpig Propaganda Network five times a day.
Keep it up!
Limiting education, limiting personal freedom, attacking women (especially single women who tape my phone calls), continuing the war on drugs and supporting America spreading freedom by enforcing solid conservative ideas of Empire! That’s Fux Noize! If people want to be American they have to be MY KIND of American. We at Fux Noize have done our level best to enforce our standards and Rupert has even given advise to governors during the last election cycle! Wake up America! It’s time to get on our bandwagon! I rest my case, for the moment! Oh, and one more thing, like I said in the run up to the Iraq war – SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! Fux will tell you what’s what!
Perhaps this song will cheer them up…
You’re right, BillO.
It was “lefties” like Mitt Romney who suggested that funding FEMA was “immoral.”
It was “lefties” like Todd Akin who said rape was “legitimate.”
It was “lefties” like Paul Ryan who proposed a national budget that unfairly targets the poor and the elderly.
It was “lefties” like the Koch Brothers who spent millions of dollars trying to subvert the democratic process.
It was “lefties” like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Karl Rove who started two preemptive wars that cost the lives of 4000+ US servicepersons and put the US in it’s worst depression in 70 years.
It was “lefties” like Mitch McConnell who decided that making Obama “a one-term president” was a higher priority than passing legislation.
It was “lefties” like Sarah Palin who advised right-wingers, “don’t retreat — reload!” just prior to the Tucson shooting.
Wait, I’m sorry — none of the people above were “lefties” . . . they’re a bunch of over privileged, racist, assholes unable to comprehend reality outside their rightwing induced bubble . . . like you . . .