Last weekend, Michele Bachmann proved herself an utter embarrassment to our country when, during a Tea Party delegation visit to Egypt, she wrongly suggested that the Muslim Brotherhood was responsible for the 9/11 attacks on the United States. But on Monday (9/9/11), Bachmann visited On The Record where she was treated as a credible authority on the Middle East and now accused President Obama of “choos(ing) the side of the Muslim Brotherhood” in every situation possible. There was no challenge to her outrageous accusation.
Raw Story reported Bachmann’s remarks in Egypt:
“Together, we’ve gone through suffering. Together, the United States and Egypt, have dealt with the same enemy,” Bachmann explained. “It’s a common enemy, and it’s an enemy called terrorism.”
…“We have seen the threat that the Muslim Brotherhood has posed here for the people in Egypt. We have seen the threat that the Muslim Brotherhood has posed around the world. We stand against this great evil. We are not for them. We remember who caused 9/11 in America. We remember who it was that killed 3,000 brave Americans. We have not forgotten.”
In fact, as almost all Americans know, the 9/11 Commission determined it was Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda who were responsible for 9/11. But that wasn’t all the America-embarrassing done by the Bachmann delegation. Raw Story also noted that Rep. Louie Gohmert compared Egyptian coup-leader General Abdel Fatah el-Sissi to President George Washington.
Bachmann seems to have some kind of fixation on the Muslim Brotherhood. You may recall that last year, she was widely condemned for alleging that the organization has infiltrated the U.S. government and fingered Hillary Clinton aide (and Anthony Weiner’s wife) Huma Abedin as an example.
But none of that came up on Monday night during Bachmann's very friendly chat on Fox News.
Instead, host Greta Van Susteren presented Bachmann as a credible expert on terrorism, suggested that she was even more so as a result of her recent visit to the Middle East, and allowed her to criticize President Obama’s Syria policy without challenge.
Van Susteren introduced Bachmann by saying, “Representative Michele Bachmann is just back from the Middle East.” A banner immediately appeared on the lower third of the screen saying. “REP BACHMANN: MILITARY STRIKE IN SYRIA WILL ‘MAKE THINGS WORSE.’”
Bachmann told Fox News viewers:
This is not partisan. They’ve (the Obama administration) made almost every wrong foreign policy move that they could make. They have been consistent though, in their worldview, I will give them that. …Any time in any nation that they could choose the side of the Muslim Brotherhood, they’ve chosen the side of the Muslim Brotherhood. …It’s bizarre.
Even if Bachmann had not already demonstrated a complete lack of credibility on the Muslim Brotherhood, this statement should have been immediately challenged as an Islamophobic, “Obama is a secret Muslim” dogwhistle. Instead, Van Susteren helped move it along by joining the Fox News Syria Sour Grapes club and complaining that President Obama is having Russian President Vladimir Putin “almost broker some deal.” Van Susteren continued, sneering, “So we’ve gone from punishing and deterring to some sort of negotiated thing off a side remark (of Secretary of State John Kerry). That’s our new foreign policy.”
Bachmann didn't take that opening. Because Putin is anti-Muslim, Bachmann felt he’s “not a bad guy to broker a deal.” And to her credit, Van Susteren did challenge Bachmann’s seeming support for Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad.
But really, no legitimate news outfit – no matter how conservative – has any business treating this woman as any kind of legitimate expert.
Debate.org? Seriously? Perhaps you should try writing on your own instead of copy and pasting.
List of indisputable facts about the Muslim Brotherhood:
- Morsi pardoned many terrorists. Some of whom were sentenced to life in prison or death.
- Morsi halted military operations that aimed at eliminating terrorist cells in Sinai.
- Morsi said “We must protect the kidnappers AND the kidnappees” after terrorists kidnapped officers in Sinani.
- Morsi halted military operation that aimed at destroying the tunnels network from Gaza to stop terrorists from flowing to Sinai. Hundreds were found and destroyed by the military after he was deposed (according to the Egyptian military, Hamas and Amnesty).
- A MB leader said “whoever sprays Morsi with water will be sprayed with blood.” a reference to an Egyptian expression that served as a warning for the protesters who planned to join the 30th of June protests.
- In a press conference (where Morsi was present), a “retired” terrorist promised to “crush” the 30th of June protesters. Another one described them as “infidels” and prayed for their destruction.
Morsi never condemned these statements, at the conference or later. The terrorists who made these blunt threats were never prosecuted by the general prosecutor who was appointed by him.
- MB officially summoned and ordered their members (from all provinces) to disperse the protests at the presidential palace (while Morsi was still in rule). Many proteres got killed, injured or tortured at the hands of MB members. One of the victims is the former ambassador to Valenzuela who took part in the protests.
- A MB leader said “Morsi WILL BE restored to the presidential palace. We will take unprecedented steps that no one can imagine to extract him from there.” that was two days before MB members attacked the military facility where Morsi was believed to be held, many protesters in the sit-in got killed as a result.
- A MB leader in Rab’aa El-Adaweyya “peaceful” protest said : “What happens in Sinai will stop the moment Morsi is restored to power”.
-The Rab’aa sit-in which is organized and controlled by the MB had torture camps that were used to detain and torture bystanders who opposed Morsi. This includes a child who got his fingers cut for holding Al-Sisi’s banner. Another is a police officer. An MB leader later said “It’s an honor for us to detain a police officer”. Amnsey investigated the incidents and condemned the MB. Many burned bodies with fingers cut were found hidden after the dispersal of the sit-in.
-MB members engaged with the police once it approached the sit-in Many footages show them holding machine guns and firing at the police while hiding behind the barricades they’ve built The footage also show them roaming freely with the machine gun in the sit-in Other footages show them throwing Molotov cocktails from building rooftops
- Robert Fisk (critic of the military) went to Rab’aa to examine the causalities of clashes between the police and MB and said:
“The Brotherhood said its people were unarmed,which may well be true, although I have to say that a man guarding a car park near the mosque who directed me to the hospital was holding a Kalashnikov rifle "
This list covers a tiny part of MB terrorist history. MB terrorism dates back to their existence. This includes bombings, assassinations, random firing, ..etc.
Few decades ago, they said they denounce violence and tried to start with a clean slate. People bought that. But they have shown their true color and proven they have never given up on their terrorist ideology.
MB is the mother of all terrorist groups. Al-Gamaa’a Al-Eslamiya, Al-Qaeda, ..etc are just derivatives and have a very similar ideology.
God told me to do/say/pray it!