Home Store In Memoriam Deborah Newsletter Forum Topics Blogfeed Blogroll Facebook MySpace Contact Us About

Studio B Adds Sobering Touch To All The Good News In Iraq

Reported by Donna - June 15, 2006

With all the sparkling, great news coming out of Fox news these days it was a bit refreshing to hear a segment between Shepard Smith and Michael O'Hanlon, from the Brookings Institution, on Studio B about the situation in Iraq.

O'Hanlon said that it was good to keep things in perspective and he added that we needed to remember that the foregin fighters in Iraq comprised 10% of the insurgents, the other 90% were made up of Sunni Iraqis.

O'Hanlon said that he was glad there were a few days of good news for moral sake in Iraq, but we needed to keep a sober perspective. Smith asked O'Hanlon if things were getting better in Iraq. O'Hanlon said he didn't share that view, he said it was like having 10 days of good news amongst 6 months of bad news. O'Hanlon also added that conditions in Iraq were shaky.

Comments: After a whole week of sunshiney, good news about Iraq it was refreshing for Studio B to break with the pattern and urge caution, that all is not great and we need to have a sobering view of what is going on in Iraq. Kudos to Smith for this interview today.

Comments
Post a comment




Remember Me?


We welcome your opinions and viewpoints. Comments must remain civil, on-topic and must not violate any copyright or other laws. We reserve the right to delete any comments we deem inappropriate or non-constructive to the discussion for any reason, and to block any commenter for repeated violations.

Your email address is required to post, but it will not be published on the site.